Updated: Jul 16, 2020
The Legendary Dungeon of Doom Haunted House has been confronted with a challenge new to all of us. Covid-19 has impacted all of our daily lives for over three months and has created a lot of unknowns. As we get closer and closer to the fall season, our favorite time of the year is threatened by the virus. Rest assured, we are working around the clock with experts, state officials, the city of Zion, and the Zion Fire Department to discuss many possibilities that could allow us to open in any capacity. We are currently implementing sanitation solutions for our entire building including all areas open to our customers as well as behind-the-scenes sanitation for our staff. We are also discussing solutions to social distancing that will include large distances between groups inside the attraction, six foot gaps between groups inside the waiting line, and timed ticketing to drastically reduce the overall number of customers on the premises.
Naturally, The Dungeon of Doom experience you've loved since 1997 will be changing for the 2020 season. However, we refuse to simply make these adjustments without offering something massive in return to our guests for their understanding. The 2020 season is going to offer an experience unlike anything we've ever done before. This is by far our biggest addition to The Dungeon of Doom Haunted House, and it will likely only be available for the 2020 season. We aren't quite ready to make this announcement yet, but we are certain you won't miss it when we do.
We understand that you may have a lot of questions on how our operation is going to work with the Covid-19 virus, so we have created a detailed overview below. Please note that these procedures will be updated often and are subject to change at any time. We also politely ask that anyone who does not feel comfortable following our procedures to refrain from attending our attraction this year. We must also stress that although we are doing everything we can to help ensure a sanitized environment, there will still be a risk of being in a public space.
In compliance with the city of Zion and the state of Illinois, we will be drastically reducing our capacity inside the building at any time. Capacity will strictly follow state and city regulations. To manage this, we will be implanting a reservation based timed-ticketing procedure for the 2020 season. More details on our timed-ticketing process below. To help enforce social distancing, groups of 2 - 8 people will be spaced approximately two minutes apart throughout the entire attraction. You will never be combined with people outside of your groups reservation. This will be the most intimate experience possible at The Dungeon of Doom while still maintaining social distancing. We will also be eliminating all queue lines and staging areas within the attraction. This includes The Freak-Show Stage, The Cabin staging, Mercy General Hospital staging, and The Condemned staging. Our indoor waiting area will only be used to space our groups approximately two minutes apart. Guests will only be allowed into this area when their reservation time has arrived. We STRONGLY recommend arriving thirty - forty five minutes early to your reservation to experience our new attraction.
In order to accommodate the reduced capacity, The Legendary Dungeon of Doom Haunted House will be implementing a reservation based timed-ticketing system. This system will be implemented through our website and our website only. It will not be possible to reserve a time through any third-party ticket vendors like Groupon. A very limited amount of group slots will be sold per time slot, so we recommend booking far in advance. This is how the process will work:
1. Log onto our website: www.dungeonofdoom.com
2. Navigate to the "Tickets" page, or to the "Tickets" section of our home page.
3. Click "Make Reservation" to start your booking process.
4. Select the date you would like to attend.
5. Select the time frame you wish to attend. Late arrivals may not be accommodated.
6. Select the group size. Please note: A group of 1 person is not permitted.
7. Arrive to your reservation early.
8. Receive SMS Text notification that your time has come. Please note: the phone number used during checkout will be used to receive the SMS Text notification.
9. Proceed to the main gates of The Dungeon of Doom Haunted House.
10. Experience one of the best haunted attractions in the nation!
One of the most important aspects to helping ensure a safe experience for everyone is social distancing. The World Health Organization has recommended a distance of six feet to reduce the spread of the Covid-19 virus. We understand that you and your group will be arriving together in the same car. Because of this, we will not be requiring each individual customer to remain six feet apart. However, we will be strictly enforcing a six foot distance between groups while waiting to enter the attraction. To ensure groups remain six feet apart, we will be installing markers on the ground for the few groups waiting to enter the attraction for their time slot. As mentioned before, each group will be spaced out within the attraction by approximately two minute intervals. This is will create a large gap between your group and the groups in front and behind you, giving you a more intimate and personal experience. Also mentioned above, we will be removing staging areas inside the attraction. This is strictly to ensure groups do not become in contact with each other and remain a safe distance apart. Once your group has finished the attraction, you will be asked to return to your vehicle to create space for the next time slot of groups.
Social distancing markers within the indoor waiting area
Sanitation is vital to ensuring our building, including what our customers see and behind-the-scenes. To ensure our building is vigorously sanitized, we will be using a WHO approved sanitation liquid that is proven to not only kill the covid-19 virus, but countless other viruses as well. This process will take place using a portable sprayer operated by our management staff and will take place every night. We will also be sanitizing any touch points regularly. Unfortunately, we do not feel comfortable allowing our guests experiencing our iconic Buried Alive attraction, and it will not be available for the 2020 season.
Below we have created a list of every change being made to our operation for the 2020 season.
Changes for our customers
- Our capacity will be drastically reduced to follow state and city guidelines.
- Cash sales will not be accepted all season. Tickets must be purchased online in advance.
- Tickets will only be sold on our official website. No groupon tickets available.
- A reservation based timed-ticketing system will be implemented to accommodate the reduced capacity and enforce social distancing.
- Customers must reserve a time slot to attend our attraction. Late arrivals may not be accommodated.
- Ticket options and pricing will be adjusted for the 2020 season.
- If early, customers will be required to wait inside their car until their reserved time has come.
- A six-foot social distancing plan will be strongly enforced between groups.
- The capacity for the indoor waiting-line will be drastically reduced.
- Groups (not individual customers) will be alone throughout the entire attraction. Groups will be divided with an approximate two-minute gap to enforce social distancing.
- All waiting/staging areas within the attraction will be bypassed to enforce social distancing.
- Buried Alive WILL NOT be available the 2020 season.
- Guest may be required to wear masks. This will be decided by the state and city.
- The entire attraction will be sanitized every night with a spray disinfectant.
- All cloth, fabric, or rubber flaps will be removed to reduce any touch-points.
- The Gateway show will only involve one group at a time.
Changes for our staff
- ALL staff members, including actors, makeup artists, and management will be required to wear a mask at all times while inside the building.
- ALL staff members will be required to take a temperature screening before entering the building. Staff showing any symptoms of Covid-19 or a temperature higher than 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit will not be permitted inside the building as will be asked to leave the premises.
- ALL staff members will not be allowed within six feet of our customers, unless behind a plexiglass partition. This includes all actors.
- Makeup stations will be partitioned off to enforce social distancing.
- Additional sanitation stations will be added throughout the building.
- Additional costume sanitation will be in effect.
- Plexiglass partitions will be installed in various locations throughout the attraction to reduce customer-to-staff contact, but allowing up-close scares.
The health and safety of our customers and staff is of the upmost importance, and we will continue to work day and night to find solutions to help ensure the safety and sanitation of our attraction. We are grateful for the understanding and cooperation from our customers and staff during this difficult time of change. We strive to offer a safe and unprecedented experience while at The Legendary Dungeon of Doom Haunted House, and we will do everything possible to ensure this is a historic 24th season.
If you have any comments, questions, or concerns about our processes during Covid-19, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. We will be checking our inboxes regularly to answer any questions you may have.
NOTICE: ALL information provided above is subject to change at any point with or without notice.
NOTICE: Although The Legendary Dungeon of Doom Haunted House is doing everything possible to help ensure a safe experience, there will still be an inherent risk of being in a public environment in relation to the Covid-19 virus. It is the responsibility for each individual to understand the risk and understand we cannot undoubtably guarantee that you will not come in contact with the Covid-19 virus.
+1 (847) 262-3666 | 600 29th St Zion, Illinois 60099 | email@example.com